[78-L] Speaking of John RT, was Re: Bob Altshuler was "Zulu's Ball" was Gennett labels

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 7 15:19:52 PDT 2009

Speaking of John R. T. Davies (who once sent me a letter echoing Art's comment
about "sharing the music"..in other words, he'd rather I pirated from him than
some incompetent), when I was looking for 8-cut per side LPs the other day, I
noticed that one of the RCA Fats Waller albums cited John as the source for all
its discographical information. And this was back in the 50s!

dl