[78-L] Hugo and Luigi Research

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 7 15:11:14 PDT 2009

Tab Hunter's "Young Love" went to #1 and stayed there for 6 weeks, while Sonny
James' version only stayed on top for 1 week. So nyaaah. The flip was "Red
Sails in the Sunset (Bargain Sales in the Basement, as one DJ used to say)".
Don't Get Around Much Anymore was the flip of "99 Ways", a #11 hit covering
Charlie Gracie whose version didn't even make it onto the white charts.

Amazing but true.

So were Hugo and Luigi an item? Gad, the thought of their "Cascading Voices"
still sends shivers of boredom up my spine.

dl