[78-L] re-issues

davdieh at aol.com davdieh at aol.com
Mon Jul 6 21:23:08 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
>I think there is some crappy cut 10" version of the 12" Berigan "I Can't
>Get
> Started"  which to me is even more stoopid than a shortened  "Sing, Sing,
> Sing."  Again,  must have been somebody at Victor who thought such a
> version
> would sell...but to whom?
Juke boxes! Coin operators were the largest consumers of records in the 1930's.
They really didn't care how lame the editing was. I was shocked when I heard a 45 RPM reissue of
Tommy Dorsey's "Stop, Look and Listen" that used the 10-inch dubbed version. It stopped
dead before the Bud Freeman solo. Aargh!
David Diehl