[78-L] Non-Transcription OTR on 78 (was Decca Specialty Series (DAU-x))

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 6 20:38:15 PDT 2009

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
> At 09:09 PM 7/6/2009, you wrote:
>> Typical for 1947 small labels..not as noisy as Musicraft. I have all of them
>> and clean ones sound as good as can be expected. They also tend to have very
>> bad inner groove distortion.
>>
>> Yes I have two of each..for the simple reason that they're also incredibly
>> breakable.
>>
>> dl
>
> Where did you find them?

A batch turned up on eBay a couple of years ago, from someone selling his
grandfather's collection..unfortunately he didn't know how to pack, so some
discs arrived damaged. My parents bought 3 of the albums new in 1948, and I've
turned up quite a few of them in Toronto over the years. I'd love to see them
issued as a box set..if there were still people buying CDs..

dl