[78-L] Wife Swap TV program is looking for collectors

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jul 5 20:37:18 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Herzenstiel" <gherzens at comcast.net>
>I just got this e-mail and thought of the group.  I don't have any rugrats,
>just circular, breakable things.  If you're interested please let me know.
>Thanks.   Gary
> ABC’S WIFE SWAP CASTING FAMILIES OF COLLECTORS FOR PRIMETIME!
>
> Wife Swap is currently casting for our fifth season and we are looking for
> families who are collectors!  If you think you have the best collection
> around, then I want to hear from you!

Collectors of WOT?! Wives, possibly?!

Sadly, the female of the species Homo Sapiens VERY rarely is...or
becomes...a "collector!" There are/were exceptions...in particular,
"Beanie Babies" (TM Reg'd in all known dominions)...but, for
example, my wife ran off with a record DEALER (NOT collector)
whose attitude seemed more compatible to her interest!

I have NO freakin' idea what drives me to accumulate 78rpm
phonorecords! I suspect it is connected with the fact that I suffer
from Asperger's Syndrome (which wasn't even KNOWN when
I was born in 1942!)...and am thus obsessive/compilsive.

Nevertheless, what I STILL seek is either EF78REM ("Every 78
<deleted> Record Ever Made!)...or verified data thereon!

And no...I am NOT enthusiastic about a chance to be featured
on a TV proram...which I suspect is aimed at displaying us
"collectors" as screaming idiots at best! After all. we are NOT
a large enough demographic to promise acceptable profits
in this new $$$-driven age...?!

...stevenc