[78-L] windsor tunnel

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Jul 5 18:12:20 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <Dnjchi at aol.com>
> In a message dated 7/5/2009 8:29:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> dlennick at sympatico.ca writes:
> I always  preferred the Blue Water Bridge anyway..cost less (I don't know
> if
> they've  evened that up) and saved me at least a half hour. Everything I
> wanted
> to  do in Detroit was north of 8 Mile Road.
> Not OT since I used to do lots  of record hunting in Detroit..the place
> dried up
> years  ago.
> THIS mailing I got!

Actually, I quite often took "lesser roads" and crossed from Sarnia to
Port Huron; time saved avoiding long lineups made this worth while!
As well, I once stopped in a Goodwill in Port Huron and bought
around 150-200 78's...no rarities, but a lot of 20's-early 30's stuff
that had eluded me! This was, in fact, my SECOND-best 78 score...
number ONE was about 200+ 78's I found in a thrift store in Thunder
Bay...a LOT of Victors, and all in E or better condition, well worth
the quarter each they cost me!

...stevenc