[78-L] re-issues

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 5 15:57:25 PDT 2009

David Lennick wrote:
> Thomas Stern wrote:
>> What were the first 8 track per side LPs ?
>
> Not claiming that these are the first, but RCA LPM 1364 (Duke Ellington: In a
> Mellotone) and LPM 1503 (Fats Waller: One Never Knows, Do One) have 8 tracks
> per side. Issued in 1956 and 1957 respectively. I don't know why I associated
> Grauer and Keepnews with these..they were producing RCA reissues, but on "X"
> and for the 10-volume alphabetical Encyclopedia of Jazz.

> dl
There was also the Muggsy Spanier Ragtimers on RCA LPM1295. Willis
Conover used to play this incessantly at the time. French RCA were
issuing 8 tracks per side on their "Horizons du Jazz" series, but not
sure when they started.

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4219 (20090705) __________

http://www.eset.com