[78-L] Lost sheep and the daily Grinderino

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jul 5 14:43:36 PDT 2009

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> I've looked through my sparse collection of sound effects records
> and find no such things...my favorite of all of them is the Gennett
> of flocks of sheep...

Are you sure it's not on an Edison tinfoil?

> both a small group and a pretty big group.

Do you want even MORE sheep??  Sound effects turntables often had two
tone arms.  You can play the record with both arms and double the size
of the flock.  Or if the flock doesn't bleat long enough for your scene,
put the second arm near the start of the track as the first arm nears
the end and do a cross fade.  Endless sheep!!!

> If you tune in closely to one side you can actually hear someone
> urging them to make more noise.

He's the radio studio's warm-up man.

> I also enjoy some of my later ones (forget the label) of restaurant
> noises, including the ever-popular dropping of a full tray of dishes.

It's amazing what you can do when you stick out your foot in front of a
server.  Maybe that's why you didn't get your coffee refill!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com