[78-L] "Zulu's Ball" was Gennett labels

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sun Jul 5 09:36:06 PDT 2009

The Russ Shor article is somewhat dated. I have a label copy of Gennett
5276-A "That Sweet Something Dear" which proves the existence of the
record. The photo shows the label, a runout groove and the last of the
recorded grooves, so, unless there has been some digital chicanery done
here, the picture is genuine. I do not show who I got the jpg,
unfortunately.
I do not have a photo of 5276-B, which should be "If You Want My Heart
(You Got to 'Low It Babe)", making the unissued sides from this session
of October 05, 1923 "When You Leave Me Alone To Pine" (mxes 11632,
-A-B-C) and "Someday Sweetheart" (mxes 11637, -A-B-C).
Malcolm Rockwell

*******