[78-L] Decca Specialty Series (DAU-x)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 4 17:06:43 PDT 2009

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> William Spier is listed as director and the cast is probably the
> same as on any version of it on "Suspense" from that period (I think
> she did it 97 times, and don't forget the repeat for the West Coast).

I'm not sure if Suspense had a live West Coast repeat.  The first time
she did "Sorry Wrong Number" one of the actors blew his entry in the
final scene and it was ambiguous whether she had been killed, whether he
was one of the killers, and if the cops were on the phone.  They had to
apologize the next week and announce a repeat to be done a few weeks
later.

>> Also, its pressed on a wonderfully quiet translucent compound ..
>> almost red in colour. Lovely! Is it vinyl?

> Deccalite pressings are translucent at that time (not Canadian pressings
> though). Don't know if these would be by World Transcription or Vogue. dl

Vogue, although translucent World vinyl from the mid-30s does look
similar.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com