[78-L] Ooops

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Jul 2 19:09:24 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrea Walsh" <petquality1 at gmail.com>
> If I just sent an e-mail to the list about auction winnings--- SORRY!  It
> was an accident!  Just delete it!

Actually, I found it useful! I had understood that one of Mike Stewart's
descendants was continuing his "Green River" 78 auctions; your message
confirms that fact!

Now, for "the rest of" 78-L...

Peter Leavitt used to run a VERY interesting (to me, anyway) mail auction.
He had acquired a VERY large (and apparently well-known) collection of
78's...so his lists often included near in-order runs of various vintage
labels.
I bought A LOT of these, since they often included records of no great
"jazz interest" but ones which filled numeric gaps in my holdings.I assume
that Mr. Leavitt went to that "great record market in the sky"...is this
true? And...if so, has someone else acquired this bunch of 78's...AND
are they selling, or going to sell, these records?

I need to find an auction list that sells a lot of "junque"...so I can
continue
to fill gaps in my holdings...!!

...stevenc