[78-L] "Abrams Files"--was: Introduction (a bit long)^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Jul 1 20:47:42 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Steven C. Barr wrote:
>> Actually, I'm creating a separate data table listing the milk boxes which
>> contain phonorecords...!
>> Also, the plastic milk boxes bore NO indication of what sort of dairy
>> products they may have contained; it was left up to the truck crew to
>> keep track of exactly what was in which box(es)! The only information
>> on the box was the logo of the dairy which had originally owned it...
>> since they were considered interchangeable by supermarkets, this
>> eventually became meaningless. Actually, it is interesting to look at
>> all the boxes citing strange dairies in distant places...?!
>> And...no, I DON'T know if there is a/are "milk box collector(s)"
>> out there...but that wouldn't surprise me at all?!
> I hope you came by these boxes legitimately, otherwise we're going to
> have the V-Disc pilfering scandal all over again!

Well, let us say "SEMI-legitimately!" That is, I don't take them from
grocery stores and the like...but if they seem to be abandoned in some
unlikely location, they go home with ME! I fully expect a visit from the
"milk box police" any day...?!

Actually, the majority were given to me by a convenience-store
proprietor, who, after the size was changed (so they would no longer
hold LP's in jackets...supposedly preventing their use by album owners
and/or dealers?!) found himself stuck with 200-odd crates the dairy
would no longer take (or refund his deposit)...! These were the VERY
useful fiberglas variety...wish I had more...!

...stevenc