[78-L] Happy (ho hum) Canada Day

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 1 19:48:30 PDT 2009

Just come up here some time when Italy or Portugal has won the World Cup.

I think people are eating their garbage now..there's also a 5-cent charge for
every plastic bag at groceries, drugstores and other retailers. Fun to see
people "doing without" and carrying roasts, milk and other groceries out to
their cars without any kind of container. They're all supposed to be using
99-cent bags that you buy and reuse..which of course smell from whatever you
last had in them and are going to start growing mold and fungus after the first
month..

You'd never know the old place now. (Neither would I, I live in Pickering, just
east of Trawna.)

dl