[78-L] Happy (ho hum) Canada Day

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 14:38:13 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
To: "78L" <78-L at 78online.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 4:56 PM
Subject: [78-L] Happy (ho hum) Canada Day

> Just remembering that the first Happy Canada Day greeting usually came
> from
> Robert Angus.
>
> Yes friends, the year is half over already (or half full, if that's your
> philosophy)! And all across Ontario, people are lining up for free meals
> at a
> chain of Chinese restaurants. Block-long lines, six hour waits. Seeing as
> the
> weather is iffy and most public events in Toronto have been cancelled
> because
> of a walkout by garbage collectors, this is about as exciting as it gets,
> eh?
>
> dl

The walkout creates some problems for certain items on the menu such as
Chow Mein.
 (Yes..I have a friend who actualy orders it when we go out to dinner with
him. I try to pretend that he intruded on our table uninvited
but by now the waiters have us pegged so I order twelve birds cooked alive
on-a stick just to get back into their good graces.

Al Simmons