[78-L] "Abrams Files"--was: Introduction (a bit long)^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jun 30 18:24:29 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Steven C. Barr wrote:
>> The ORIGINAL source for Ty's online discography/ies is/was a set of
>> text-based data files compiled by Steve Abrams! These, unofficially known
>> as "the Abrams Files," USED to be downloadable from 78online.com; I
>> have no idea whether they still are?! I am currently updating these files
>> as I sort through my shellac archives...since these include many milk
>> boxes of 78's in label/cat# order!
> Are you putting your milk boxes on the database too, e.g. full cream,
> semi-skimmed, skimmed, pasteurised?

Actually, I'm creating a separate data table listing the milk boxes which
contain phonorecords...!

Also, the plastic milk boxes bore NO indication of what sort of dairy
products they may have contained; it was left up to the truck crew to
keep track of exactly what was in which box(es)! The only information
on the box was the logo of the dairy which had originally owned it...
since they were considered interchangeable by supermarkets, this
eventually became meaningless. Actually, it is interesting to look at
all the boxes citing strange dairies in distant places...?!

And...no, I DON'T know if there is a/are "milk box collector(s)"
out there...but that wouldn't surprise me at all?!

...stevenc