[78-L] Robert Angus passed away

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 30 16:32:27 PDT 2009

Just checked..my last message from him was July 9th, explaining that he'd had
to cancel coming up to Toronto and been in hospital over the July 4th weekend.
Thereafter, no messages and no replies to any I sent him.

Robert Angus spent a lot of time in Toronto as a teenager in the early 50s and
was a fan of CBC Radio and knew a lot about small record labels. I believe he
worked for Pickwick for a while, and I've found liner notes by him on a variety
of albums including an Allegro reissue of Catches and Glees and a Furtwangler
recording on an odd label. He was also a source of interesting old radio
programs. Another one gone too soon.

dl