[78-L] Dirty songs--was: Re: Introduction (a bit long)

Bart garioch at texas.net
Tue Jun 30 07:17:50 PDT 2009

No Benny Bell's are different, on the Alcibiadean theme of vandalizing
statuary in Central Park.  I posted the entire lyric night before last
so you may have already found it.  But thanks for the verse below.  It's
another variation of the text stream began by William O. Douglas and
Thurman if Douglas' story is to be believed.  But I hadn't come across
that precise verse before.  Something very similar was recorded on 78rpm
by Oscar Brand in 1950.