[78-L] "Zulu's Ball" was Gennett labels

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 21:40:54 PDT 2009

I had a copy of the 78 reissue once, but it sounded so bad I didn't want to keep it, so I put it up on eBay, just to see how many hits I'd get by NOT saying anything other than "Zulu's Ball" - King Oliver 78, 1923!! I don't recall how many people went to look at it, but I'll bet 99% of them thought they struck gold.

Heh, heh, heh.

Cary Ginell

P.S. I only got ten bucks for it.