[78-L] First singing drummer [was Anyone Available to Date this Velvet Tone]

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jun 29 19:08:20 PDT 2009

> I have been a bit heavy on the delete button, but I missed the dates for
> these. I think Jim Morris sang, was the drummer for Paul Specht in the
> mid 20's.
>
> --
> Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)

Hi Mark,

I'm pretty sure that the earliest Johnny Morris (billed at times as "The
World's Fastest Drummer") vocals with Specht are from 1927,  which would be
about three years later than the vocal record of the drummer guy with
Creath.

Morris was with Lopez for a long run after he was with Specht...I like his
singing for some reason.  Maybe it's his enthusiasm?

Taylor