[78-L] "Abrams Files"--was: Introduction (a bit long)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jun 29 16:36:09 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bart" <garioch at texas.net>
>>In the absence many in-depth discographies, you might find this page by Ty
> Settlemier, one of our august member of some help - I love it! Record
> labels by number, often with recording/release dates that will give you a
> frame of reference for much of what you may have.
>>http://www.78discography.com/
>>

> Thanks.  Yes I know about that one, it's great  And the Honking Duck
> search
> facility.  It's the best, most helpful discography I've found online,
> though some smaller ones are useful for specific subjects.  I've found
> lots
> of good useful info and used it to date a number of the discs I have, as
> well as song files I've found.

The ORIGINAL source for Ty's online discography/ies is/was a set of
text-based data files compiled by Steve Abrams! These, unofficially known
as "the Abrams Files," USED to be downloadable from 78online.com; I
have no idea whether they still are?! I am currently updating these files
as I sort through my shellac archives...since these include many milk
boxes of 78's in label/cat# order!

...stevenc