[78-L] Froggy went a courtin'

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Jun 28 21:45:20 PDT 2009

> Another of my messages has been lost in transit for a couple of hours, but
> nominated Poley McClintock, who's credited as drummer & vocalist with
> Waring
> before 1925..whether he's audible or just part of the chorus (a croaking
> chorus
> in this case, inspired probably by Aristophanes) I can't say.
>
> dl

Not for the first time,  Prof. Lennick has hit it.  I checked my Tom Stacks
vocals and the earliest are from'26...and I recalled the Waring Victor of
"I've Got Some Lovin' To Do" as having a Poley vocal...which it does,  a
strange sort of half-chorus (the full band sings a chorus at the end of the
record).  There are others from around then where he makes a few grunts and
groans,  but this is a real vocal.

The Waring side (Vi 19913-B) was recorded in Camden,  12-16-25...so Poley
and dl win the contest.

Taylor