[78-L] MJ and The Weather ^

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 28 14:02:20 PDT 2009

At 20:34 28/06/2009, DL wrote:
>The Weather Channel jumped into the Michael Jackson coverage business today,
>announcing plans to air a three-week retrospective of the weather that
>transpired during the singer's lifetime.
>
>The retrospective, titled "Bad and Dangerous: Fifty Years of Weather
>During the
>Michael Jackson Era," will begin airing this Monday.

While, as you said, this is a gag, it is not that far outside the
realm of reality. Back in the 70s, the Mutual Broadcasting System had
a network called the Mutual Black Network geared toward radio
stations for the african-american market. I recall listening one day
when I was working in radio to its feed and heard something akin to:

'A major explosion in a coal mine in West Virginia this morning
claimed the lives of 5 minuers. No black miners where involved.

There was a pileup on a foggy stretch of 1-80 this morning resulting
closure of the highway. No black motorists were injured.

This is the Mutual Black Network.'

Come to thing of it, narrow-casting is much a part of TV and Radio in
the states that I'm surprised that there ISN'T a 'Black Weather Channel'