[78-L] Jackson frenzy on eBay

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jun 27 19:40:50 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: <soundthink at aol.com>
>I find this kind of a cold attitude. Jackson?WAS a great talent. There is
>no doubt about this. But because of his personal "foibles," shall we say,
>he did not get a chance to fully explore his talent. "Thriller" was the
>last fully-realized classic he did, and that was over a quarter century
>ago. A couple of his songs since then?I really liked, such as "Black or
>White," which is as infectious and joyous in melody and message as any pop
>song of the past 20 years. But Jackson just had too much baggage, and like
>Elvis and so many others who get too much money too fast, became eccentric
>and reclusive and just not worth the trouble. But I wouldn't wish death on
>him, especially one that, as it is turning out, is more similar to the
>death of Hank Williams than that of?Elvis (victimized by a quack doctor who
>over-prescribed medication). He made a lot of people very happy; that's
>what all the tumult and tears are about. The vultures will swoop in and try
>to make a buck on this. That al
> ways happens. But it's always sad when talent gets wasted. And that is the
> sad legacy of Michael Jackson's life.

Thing is...rather than being a "great talent" he increased the exploitation
of a
"funk" rhythm, first exposedto a listening public c.1959and BEST exploited
by James Brown starting in the early sixties!!

IMHO, MJ was NEVER given the opportunity to mature into "adulthood"
and thus regarded childrean as his "contemporaries"...it is very possible
that he knew SFA about "s*x" and was trying to experience the sort of
pre-sexual bonding that emerges in the first few years of elementary
school!!

...stevenc