[78-L] Manhattan Symphony Orchestra

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jun 27 19:01:58 PDT 2009

Dnjchi at aol.com writes:

> > > I picked up a Cameo disc today by the MSO, from Nov. 1923,
> > > Peer Gynt Suite/Ballet Egyptien, the orchestra directed by
> > > R. Cotterill Haring.   Now we know his middle name!

> > I guess I was too subtle here. What I was trying to say was
> > that R. Cotterill Haring is our own Bob Haring and the Cameo
> > Dance Orchestra. Cotteral must be his middle name. Don Chichester

I guess I was too subtle also.  I understood your reference, but when I
answered with "GYNT?" I was trying to make a joke that the middle name
you were referring to must have been of  Mr. Peer Gynt Suite.

All those who understood my joke raise your hand.

All those who didn't like my joke, send records.

Mike (my middle name is jay) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com