[78-L] Introduction (a bit long)

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 17:59:22 PDT 2009

Welcome to the family, Bart.  You fit right in.
Your story about abandoning the world of pop-rock for the more satisfying sounds of the earlier years rings quite familiar with many of us.  I bailed out when just before the Fab Four came to the US, rejoined the scene long enough to buy all the Apple albums and retreated back toe 78s once the Apple turned red.  Records of the Twenties, no matter what genre, are more fun than anything since, IMHO.  My interest wanes somewhere between Near You and Shrimp Boats

Your post about the Lass Brothers is just the sort of quasi-topic stuff that we seem to find almost as interesting as groove width, playback speeds and middle names of band leaders like Bob Cotterill Haring on Cameo, so give yourself your first star.

You may already know these.
In the absence many in-depth discographies, you might find this page by Ty Settlemier, one of our august member of some help - I love it!  Record labels by number, often with recording/release dates that will give you a frame of reference for much of what you may have.
http://www.78discography.com/

You may also find the 78-L Archive of some use.
http://klickitat.78online.com/pipermail/78-l/
but it doesn't have a search engine

You got here in time for the great MJ rant, so now you know our warts as well.  If you can hang on through that, you'll have proven your mettle.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.