[78-L] MJ rant

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Jun 26 21:25:15 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>
> I turned on my local all-news station at 2:20 to catch the traffic and
> weather
> and THEY'RE BROADCASTING THE FREAKING 911 CALL fer God's sake. Do I have
> go
> into hiding the way I did when Duck and Chi got married in '81 so I don't
> have
> to listen to this endless crap? The guy's dead. Play his records. Leave me
> alone. I couldn't have cared less about him when he was alive..an entire
> industry depends on one person having a hit record or not. And a terminal
> weirdo to boot.
> Feh!
---
> Last night's NBC 11 PM local NY News ran 22 minutes of a 35 minute news
> show
> on Jackson stories - with sports and weather taking up the rest, guess
> nothing else of note happened in the world yesterday.
> It's one thing to report the story, but to spend endless additional time
> on
> "man-in-the-street" interviews where no one says anything of any worth is
> ridiculous.

Well...welcome to the XXI Jahrhundert!! The whole and only point of ANYTHING
is to bring in money...other considerations are at best "obsolete"...?!
Since there
are gazillions of MJ-admirers (or brain-missing idiots hoping to sell
well-worn
copies of his LP's for retirement-fund money...?!), anything-MJ-related
INcreases
ratings...and thus how much "spots" can be sold for!!

Personally, I learned that this sort of shallow "ranking" of life and
humanity meant
SFA...back in 1963!

We are reaching a point where "pop culture" is viewed as the ONLY culture...
those who theoretically offer an alternative are lost in the "Perez Hilton
vs.
Will.I.Am" world of uselessness/mediocrity!

XXI-Jahrhundert: "MONEY TALKS!! and you dommed well better
listen!!"

We should enact a new death penalty for ignorance...?!

...stevenc