[78-L] MJ rant, wuz Re: Presto disc cutter previously mentioned^

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jun 26 14:50:33 PDT 2009

-------Original Message-------

From: David Lennick
Date: 06/26/09 14:57:01
To: 78-L Mail List
Subject: [78-L] MJ rant, wuz Re: Presto disc cutter previously mentioned^

Julian Vein wrote:
> David Lennick wrote:
>> Tell 'em it was used to cut "Thriller".
>>
>> This reminds me of a time in the early 90s when record sales dipped
across the
>> board because Jackson's new album stiffed. Oh oh, I made a dead joke..
>>
>> dl
>>
>> Michael Biel wrote:
>>> From: Malcolm Rockwell <malcolm at 78data.com>
>>> Well, the whole thing is moot because nobody is buying anything that is
>>> not Michael Jackson related, and there is nothing else that has happened
>>> in the world since Michael Jackson died.  TV is now all MJ all the time.
>>>  I am getting nauseous.
>>>
>>> Mike non-Jackson   mbiel at mbiel.com

> I'm lucky, I pre-ordered his death mask!
>
>       Julian Vein

I turned on my local all-news station at 2:20 to catch the traffic and
weather
and THEY'RE BROADCASTING THE FREAKING 911 CALL fer God's sake. Do I have to
go
into hiding the way I did when Duck and Chi got married in '81 so I don't
have
to listen to this endless crap? The guy's dead. Play his records. Leave me
alone. I couldn't have cared less about him when he was alive..an entire
industry depends on one person having a hit record or not. And a terminal
weirdo to boot.

Feh!

Dl

I never liked the SOB when he was alive, and I'm starting to like him even
less now that he's dead.

Bud