[78-L] MJ rant

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 26 12:09:10 PDT 2009

I turned on my local all-news station at 2:20 to catch the traffic and
weather
and THEY'RE BROADCASTING THE FREAKING 911 CALL fer God's sake. Do I have to
go
into hiding the way I did when Duck and Chi got married in '81 so I don't
have
to listen to this endless crap? The guy's dead. Play his records. Leave me
alone. I couldn't have cared less about him when he was alive..an entire
industry depends on one person having a hit record or not. And a terminal
weirdo to boot.

Feh!

Last night's NBC 11 PM local NY News ran 22 minutes of a 35 minute news show
on Jackson stories - with sports and weather taking up the rest, guess
nothing else of note happened in the world yesterday.

It's one thing to report the story, but to spend endless additional time on
"man-in-the-street" interviews where no one says anything of any worth is
ridiculous.

Dave W.