[78-L] Sophie Tucker correction

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Jun 25 18:09:58 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>
To: "'78-L Mail List'" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Cc: <michael at allmusicservices.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Sophie Tucker correction

>I have several copies of Sophie's GOLDEN JUBILEE fancy boxed set - all
> autographed, but one is autographed FIVE times - twice on the album, one
> personalized, plus an autographed card, plus an autographed letter, plus
> an
> autographed news clipping.  She did everything but pee on it to mark it as
> her own!
>
> Dave W.

Dave,  You'd better do a lab test to make sure she didn't!.

Truly,  there has never been a person in show business so generous with an
autograph as Sophie Tucker.  In my years in the book trade,  I imagine I've
seen at least 200 signed or inscribed copies (usually inscribed) of her
autobio,  Some of These Days.

She was actually a pioneer in the show biz science of "working the fan
base."  She also had a huge Xmas card list.

Oh yeah,  she was a great entertainer,  too!

Taylor