[78-L] Lawrence Welk's son said...

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 23:37:18 PDT 2009

I had once heard that "One Toke Over the Line" was performed on an early 70s
LW show because he thought that it was a modern religious song.  I was ready to
the story off as an urban myth...but a Youtube clip demonstrates that it was, indeed,
performed by one of those duos who would eventually be parodied on "The Muppet Show"
as Wayne and Wanda.

My masochistic urge once impelled me to open a couple of LW's books in the music
section of a university library--and yes, he really was about that naive (or he was
an incredibly ironic actor).

-Harold