[78-L] Lawrence Welk's son said...

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Tue Jun 23 15:10:34 PDT 2009

Jeff,  Welk had a black drummer for several years,  Paul something,  who
replaced the excellent Johnny Klein.  This would have been ca. 1968 - 75.

George Cates was Welk's musical director for many years and wrote a lot of
fine charts.  The other day I watched a YouTube vid where Welk announces
that a tune was "a Joe Haymes arrangement."

Taylor B