[78-L] Don't shoot the piano player..

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 23 10:18:01 PDT 2009

Let's alter these dates..I copied the request direct from a colleague in England.

David Lennick wrote:

..Identify him!*

Anyone know who plays piano on the following? These are all listed in the Decca
books and various discographies, but the pianist isn't named (nor are any of
the other musicians where these are studio orchestras). Info needed by a
reissue producer.

(1) Sammy Davis Jr. "My Funny Valentine", recorded January 26, 1955 with rhythm
section
from the orchestra under the
direction of Joseph Gershenson.  Issued on Decca DL 8118, Sammy's debut LP.

(2) Hoagy Carmichael "For Every Man There's A Woman", recorded December 8, 1947
with Vic
Schoen's orch., Decca 24331.

(3) Dooley Wilson "As Time Goes By" recorded October 11/43. Decca 40006.

*Then take him out and shoot him.

Thanks