[78-L] Lawrence Welk's son said...

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jun 22 23:05:42 PDT 2009

I wonder if she knew my great-grandma , who was born in 1870,  and also
loved Welk...especially Jimmy Roberts and Joe Feeney!  She also had a great
appreciation for Aladdin's poetry recitations,  which had every other family
member running for the hills.  As I remember,  a lot of the poems were by
the "bard of the greeting-card" Helen Steiner Rice...but what reads OK in an
anniversary or birthday card can get pretty excruciating when stretched out
to a three-minute spoken epic.

As I said,  with the YouTube posts you can cut out all the dreck and just
enjoy some great music...just gotta pick and choose!

Taylor