[78-L] Texas performers

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 22 16:53:27 PDT 2009

If I remember correctly, here's some. I'm not home so this is what I
remember.

I'm thinking most all these pictured recorded at one time.   These photos
are wonderful.  Thanks for sharing.

These are all 78s.

Eddie Miller on Blue Bonnet (Dallas)
Jimmy Heap on Lasso (Austin) and Capitol.
Sid King on Sarg (Luling) and RCA.
Ted Daffen on Columbia.
Leon Payne on Bullet and Starday (Beaumont) and Capitol.
Tommy Sands on Capitol.
Floyd Tillman on Sarg and Columbia.
Dickie McBride on AYO (Houston).
Dewey Groom on Richtone (Dallas) and Imperial.
Al Urban on Sarg.
Bob Manning on Dude (Dallas).
Easy Adams on Everstate and TNT (both San Antonio).
Texas Top Hands on Everstate.
Tommy Duncan, T. Texas Tyler, Tennessee Ernie, Lightnin' Hopkins, and Zeke
Williams on many.
Jerry Jericho on Daffen (Houston) and 4 Star?.
Little Willie Littlefield did the first version of Kansas City as K.C.
Lovin' on Federal.  He also recorded on Eddie's (a record store in Houston).
Texas Hillbillies on Enterprise (San Antonio).
Luke McDaniel on Trumpet and King.
Juke Boy Bonner on Irma.
Goldie Hill on Decca.
Durwood Brown on Decca.
Elton Britt on RCA.
Cleanhead Vinson on Mercury.
Billy Jack Wills on MGM.
Al Dexter on Columbia.
Link Davis on Sarg and Starday and Columbia.
Wanda Jackson on Decca and Capitol.
Curly Williams on Marathon.
Billy Briggs on Time (Dalhart) and 4 Star.
Hank Thompson on Blue Bonnet and Capitol.
Tommy Scott on Macy's (Houston) and Federal?.
Johnny Gimble on Richtone.
Tune Wranglers on Bluebird.
Jimmie Revard on Bluebird and Victor.
Moon Mullican on King.
Melody Boys on Longhorn (Kilgore and Houston).
Jerry Irby on Gulf (Houston) and 4 Star and MGM.
Adolf Hofner on Columbia.
Buck Roberts on Lasso.

And, again, thanks for the link.