[78-L] I'M BEGINNING TO SEE THE LIGHT, was EFHJREM

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Mon Jun 22 04:24:53 PDT 2009

Can't help you with the James arranger for "LIGHT".  Seems to be a well-kept
secret.  I have a session list of all the musicians on the date from a CD
booklet, but no arranger credit.
I believe Don George wrote the lyrics.  Bob Russell did write lyrics for a
couple of other Ellington tunes which may be the cause of the confusion.
Russell died early in 1970, so HE AIN'T HEAVY was likely his last big hit.
RayK

From: "Taylor Bowie"