[78-L] Early Bluebird sleeves

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 21 09:14:11 PDT 2009

I have a couple of early Bluebird (actually Blue Bird) sleeves and was noting
differences in them, including subtle changes in the birdie itself..longer or
shorter lines coming from his mouth, no tail on him in one case, varying
thicknesses of the branch he's on. I wonder how long these were in use?

One is on very flimsy paper and says "The harbinger of Broadway's Latest Hits"
(with "latest hits" placed ABOVE "of Broadway's") and the bottom line
"electrically recorded phonograph records".  "Form 27131" at the very bottom,
and no credit to Victor.

The other one, where the bird has no tail, is on heavier paper, has a larger
center hole, and says "Happiness in every note" (with lines of music behind
those words) and "....records made by Victor...." across the bottom.