[78-L] Hope you will like this

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 21 03:04:28 PDT 2009

> I SHOULD be impressed...except the kid has obviously and audibly
> learned from listening to "The complete collected works of Django
> Reinhardt!" I realize that were he demonstrating his brand-new self-
> created style of jazz guitar, he would probably either be ignored or
> disliked by most listeners...but REdoing what has already been done
> adds nothing to music...regardless of how well it is done!!
>
> ...stevenc
I tend to agree, discovering penicillin twice is not that great an
achievement.

      Julian Vein

And no doubt he WILL be an innovative musician in the years to come. There
are not many 'innovative' musicians that already had a mature understanding
of swing, melodic improvisation and harmony at 11 years old. One can only
wonder at the music he will be making later on.

Tim Huskisson.