[78-L] Glass Base 78s

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 20 09:58:13 PDT 2009

I've mentioned this item before and have never seen an explanation. I have an
odd pressing, made on some kind of stiff translucent vinyl which is variable in
color (bronze, grey, clear in spots). It's Victor 20-1636B, Charlie Spivak's
"Only Another Boy and Girl". The catalog number appears in the run-out as it
would on a regular pressing (raised) and in the outer edge (scratched). The
disc is just over 11 inches in diamater but has four flat edges (and four
rounded ones), is pressed only on one side but has the sunken indentation for
the label on both sides.

Anybody ever seen one of these?

dl