[78-L] Holy Grails, was Re: Signatures on Columbia banner records

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Wed Jun 17 13:43:18 PDT 2009

Akhem..!

Records I never suspected could exist:
- I can only remember now certain 1950's 78s, which I believed to be much
later and exist only in microgroove form, for example Domenico Modugno's Nel
Blu Di Pinto Di Blu, Doris Day's Que Sera Sera.. and  some others.

But sure there are more for me... don't remember now.

The other side: myths, records one looks after for years, believing that
they exist, and "Oh, no, this record never existed!"
- Dooley Wilson's "As Time Goes By", from Casablanca
- Buffalo can't sleep... (?) The 78 played in the film "What A Wonderful
Life"

A third side: records known to exist, but hard to find... Please! A new copy
of HMV DB-1126 !!!

Iñigo Cubillo