[78-L] History Detectives Monday June 22 9:00 pm est

Elizabeth McLeod lizmcl at midcoast.com
Wed Jun 17 12:52:53 PDT 2009

>I'm not sure they're "Dimwits"...it's more likely they just aren't
>interested in the topic (and thus intellectually lazy).

Having been on HD myself a couple years ago, I think the real problem is
simply that their resident experts come into the program with their own
pet theories and beliefs about particular topics already in place -- and
they choose subjects that will easily tie in with them, and then look
around for experts who will uphold what they've already concluded.

It's all heavily routined, and nothing gets on that contradicts what the
particular cast member assigned to the program has already concluded.

Elizabeth