[78-L] WE'RE AN AMERICAN BAND

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Tue Jun 16 13:24:08 PDT 2009

Just surfing the web I found that Amazon has an ongoing discussion on this intriguing question: Name a band that has been forgotten or in your opinion never really got their just do.
The answers coming in are like Mott the Hoople, Detective, Superdrag, Rev Ups, etc.  One guy listed about a hundred.
Nobody is taking it as meaning Swing Band, or Sweet Band, or Jazz Band, Dance Band, etc.
I'd like to come up, with your help, with a good list of about ten bands that fit the criteria and set them straight.  Any nominations?  Maybe some that made many recordings but still don't have their own LP or CD compilation.
RayK
If you want to go there and add your own message to the discussion, the link is:

http://www.amazon.com/tag/pop/forum/ref=cm_cd_dp_rt_tft_tp?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3U4VU9LZIWOFY&cdThread=TxCXV34Z6NCY6M