[78-L] Glass Compound 78s

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 16 05:22:14 PDT 2009

I've read that with age glass becomes more brittle than it already is.

Sometimes it is best to handle a glass based record with support, put
another stiff record underneath

Do not try to cram too many on a shelf. I've seen this done where space
was limited. Not a good idea.

Sometimes a record may say glass base on it and actually be aluminum
base. I think they didn't care if people were too careful, and if that
was the label at hand it was good enough. I've seen "glass base" stamped
on a label with a rubber stamp.

joe salerno