[78-L] Signatures on Columbia banner records

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jun 15 21:58:50 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Inigo's other Holy Grail, the Supervia set, isn't hard to find either, on
> Parlophone or US Decca. My criterion is..if I can find it, anybody can
> find it.

The BEST kind of "holy grail" is to get a record which you had no idea
existed!! I bought (from Jim Hadfield) a promotional Radiex disc intended
to promote the fact they now were recording ELECTRICALLY!! The
tunes are both late 1925...and it uses special non-sequential matrix
numbers;
looks very much like the matrices were cut by Emerson?!

Never seen it anywhere else, and nobody seems to have owned or even
SEEN a copy of it!

...stevenc