[78-L] Mystery dance bands

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jun 15 01:44:51 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven C. Barr" <stevenc at interlinks.net>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Mystery dance bands

> "Ed L(l)oyd" is almost always a "Nom du disque" for Ed Kirkeby...who was
> nominal leader of MANY ARC dance sides! He also led the "California
> Ramblers"...and IIRC his files were saved and used in MANY discographies!

> The Abrams-File entry for m#151112 (your LK side) is noted "Ray Seeley
> Orchestra" (of whom I wot not?!).150979 (the GGO side) is one of two
> numerically-adjacent sides...both nominally the GGO! NO data as to vocals
> in the file...?!
> ...stevenc

Well that's all fine but doesn't answer any of my questions.  I very much
doubt that the side labeled Ed Loyd has anything to do with Kirkeby.  As you
point out,  the name Loyd is usually but not always a pseudo for  Kirkeby.

Is anyone aware of a commercial dance band issue on ARC of Louisiana
Hayride?

Isn't Ray Seeley just another of those Columbia dime store band names like
Lloyd Keating and Frank Auburn?  I did state that the vocal on You're The
One I Care For is by Jack  Miller.

Thanks.

Taylor