[78-L] 78s and 45s of Texarkana Baby by Eddy Arnold

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 14 08:52:34 PDT 2009

I'm trying to put some facts around the release of Texarkana Baby/
Bouquet of Roses by Eddy Arnold as a the 1st 45 from RCA. Actually
its more facts about the 78, than the 45.

I had thought that they were simultaneous issues. But I seem to be
finding out that the 78 was released in 1947, the 45 of course in
1949. Is that 1947 date true?

So what was the first simultaneous release on 45 and 78?

Obviously RCA had to have done some test pressings prior to the
release of the 45. Does anyone know what they were? I have seem a
demo record for stores in blue vinyl, but nothing else

Finally, what was the sleeve style for RCA Victor 78s when Texarkana
Baby 78 came out? Was  it the one with red print that touted the
'triple difference

Finally -- which is the real A side!

Thanks

Tony