[78-L] Those were the days!

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:00:06 PDT 2009

On 6/12/09, Robert M. Bratcher Jr. <bratcher at pdq.net> wrote:
> At 11:18 AM 6/12/2009, you wrote:
>>Anyone ever see the wild Zenith Cobra-Matic record player pictured here?
>>Cool!
>>

>>Dave
>>

>>http://www.billsretroworld.com/RETROLIFE.HTM
>
> No I haven't. I'll bet it's rare now!! Further down the page is a
> record changer, amplifier & speaker on a cart in a woman's kitchen.
> Lots of great pics on that page.....

That's on the cover of RADIO AND TELEVISION NEWS, the January 1954
issue IIRC.  (My memory isn't too sharp, it may be the December 1954
ish. )  I got it, and many others, thanks to a friend of mine who gave
me a big stash of issues of it and RADIO-ELECTRONICS from between 1953
and 1962.

If it is the January 1954 issue, one of the cover stories is on the
theremin, written by someone who (in the classifieds) also advertised
troubleshooting and/or even building your Heathkits for you, for a
price.  His name was R A Moog....