[78-L] Classy criticism of Chick Bullock [WAS: accents]

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Fri Jun 12 08:59:58 PDT 2009

I was looking into the provenance of "Alla en el rancho grande"; was it
written by Silvano Ramos or was it a traditional Mexican folk song? I found
this page which looks at a copyright court case from 1941. It has a short
audio clip which doesn't include the vocal, but the author does comment on
the singer of this recording:

<<<
    The audio clip linked above was taken from big band leader Chick
    Bullock’s recording of "Alla in el Rancho Grande" made in 1939 –
    remarkable, in part, for the performer’s insouciance towards
    inflectional differences between American English and Spanish.

excerpted from: UCLA Law & Columbia Law School: Copyright Infringement
Project
    http://cip.law.ucla.edu/cases/case_marksstasney.html

- Stephen D
Calgary

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or