[78-L] Cheap Thrills

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Jun 10 20:46:06 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
>> Vocals and comedy are alphabetized here, at least on the shelf..except
>> for
>> anything purchased within the last 15 years or so....
>> dl
> Excellent progress,  David!   I expect you to have it all finished around
> 2037 so be sure to give us a progress report in 2020.
> I recall the thrill of finishing alphabetizing my dance bands and jazz,
> and
> how excited I was when I got to Leo Zollo...that's the only time in my
> life
> that he ever excited me.

Well,I am going through my shellac holdings milk box by milk box...and
creating a MS Access database listing my records, entering label and
catalog number. What with other things that need doing, I'm entering
about one milk box per day. When I run across a SORTED milk box
(i.e. one from my lot I kept in my basement at 211 Pape in Toronto...
these contained 78's in label/number order...around 125 milk boxes,
or around 1/3 of my total holdings...!)...I open the appropriate "Abrams
file" and edit that to reflect the actual phonorecords. So far,I have edited
Victor.c8t covering Vi 18601 through 18746...I'll have two more bunches
of Victors coming up very shortly!

Of course, I own around 55,050 78's...so it'll be a while before I finish
(assuming I don't fall over stone cold dead before that occurs...?!)

...stevenc