[78-L] Fonotipia with Dealer stamp

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Tue Jun 9 13:19:06 PDT 2009

> One time in the Spring of 66 I visited my future wife when she was a
> nursing student at Brooklyn Jewish Hospital, and on a walk in the area
> we came across a storefont which we could see thru the front window that
> had walls lined with shelves full of classical 78 albums most still
> wrapped in their original shipping paper.  It was closed that evening of
> course, and I could never find it again.
>
> Brigadoon?
>
> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

Biel... It's not Brigadoon... It's "Recordoon"... or "Recordroom"

I've been lotta times dere... lotta times... always by nite. In my dreams
I've dreamed with shops like "Recordoon", but... know what? I NEVER had
money enough to buy some 78s... !!!

What d'ya think?

One sunny Sunday morning I was comin' back home from the Sunday flea market
(Madrid's Rastro) with some (half dozen) 78s under my arm. I was sittin' in
the bus, quietly, during a nice trip, watchin' the streets and people thru
the screen, when an old lady came and sat beside me. He observed the 78s and
told me he had lotsa dem from her fatha, and told me to go home with her if
I wanted dem ... she would be happy to giv'em a good home...

Knowutt? Really wanna KNOWUTT? I felt a bit afraid... afraid from going' to
a strange home... lotsa scaring stories about kidnapping and so and so...
and I told her a "No, thanks a lot!".

And lost a grrreat opportunity!

Another Recordoon?

Iñigo Cubillo