[78-L] Farm & barnyard themed records

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Tue Jun 9 10:21:14 PDT 2009

OK, here are some other barnyard 78s from my collection:

Barnyard Boogie - Delmore Bros. (King)
Out Behind the Barn - Little Jimmy Dickens (Columbia)
After the Old Barn Dance - Sam Cole (Arthur Fields) (Conqueror)
Barn Dance of Long Ago - Girls of the Golden West (Bluebird)
Barn Yard Romp - The Hi Flyers (Vocalion)
Chicken in the Barnyard - Kessinger Brothers (Brunswick)
In a Little Red Barn - Light Crust Doughboys (Vocalion), Leon's Lone Star Cowboys (Decca), Frank Luther Trio (Melotone)
Barn Dance (part 1 & 2) - National Barn Dance Orchestra (Bluebird)
Barn Dance Rag - Roy Newman & his Boys (Vocalion), Bill Boyd & his Cowboy Ramblers (Bluebird)
Can I Sleep in Your Barn To-night, Mister? - Vernon Dalhart (Perfect), The Kelly Family (Decca), Charlie Poole (Columbia)
The Old Red Barn - Burl Ives (Decca)
6/8 to the Barn - Spade Cooley (RCA Victor)
Barn Dance Polka - Hoosier Hot Shots (ARC)
Barnyard Stomp - Jimmie Davis (Bluebird)

I haven't even gotten to the menagerie yet, but there are tons of 'em.

Cary Ginell